Preferred seatsDo you find yourself looking for a little extra space when you fly?
Then look no further than our Preferred seats.
What are Preferred seats and on which flights are they offered?
Preferred seats offer the comfort of extra legroom when you travel in Economy class, giving you more space to relax and stretch out or work in comfort. In many cases, these seats are also at the front of the aircraft, meaning you get to deplane much faster upon arrival.
Preferred seats are located:
- in exit rows
- in select bulkhead rows
- in the first few rows when you travel on: Embraer 175, Embraer 190, Airbus A319-100, Airbus A320-200, Airbus A321-200 and Air Canada rouge Boeing 767-300ER
- on selected Boeing 777-300ER and 787-8 on flights within North America.
Please consult the seat map of each aircraft type for the exact location of Preferred seats.
- Preferred seats are available on Air Canada, Air Canada rouge (under the name of rouge Plus), and select Air Canada Express flights. They are not available on codeshare flights.
- Preferred seats typically offer up to 35” of seat pitch compare to the standard 31-33”. Seat pitch for exit and bulkhead rows vary by aircraft type.
How can I select a Preferred seat?
You can select a Preferred seat:
- Prior to travel (when you book your flight or later via the Manage my Bookings tab),
- When you check in for your flight online, on your mobile device or at a self-service check-in kiosk.
Is there a charge for selecting a Preferred seat?
You'll enjoy complimentary Preferred seat selection for you and your travel companion(s) on the same booking if you are:
- an Altitude member travelling on a Latitude fare;
- an Altitude Super Elite 100K member travelling on a Flex or Tango fare, or an Aeroplan Flight Reward;
- an Altitude Elite 75K member travelling on a Flex fare;
- an Altitude Elite 50K member travelling on a Flex fare in Canada or between Canada and the U.S.
You'll save 50% on Preferred seat charges for you and your travel companion(s) on the same booking if you are:
- an Altitude Elite 50K member travelling on a Flex fare between Canada and an international destination;
- an Altitude Elite 35K or Prestige 25K member travelling on a Flex fare.
For all other customers, prices (including taxes) per one-way flight segment are based on your itinerary:
|North America and Caribbean||International|
|$ 19 to $ 99||$ 69 to $ 199|
You can see the exact price of a Preferred seat during the booking process, by going to the Manage my Bookings tab, or when you check in for your flight online, on your mobile device or at a self-service kiosk.
What else do I need to know?
Not everyone can sit in an exit row. We've detailed exit row and other restrictions in our terms and conditions.
We've also provided answers to some of the other questions you may have about Preferred and rouge Plus seats.