Air Canada is committed to getting you where you need to go and providing you with the most up-to-date information regarding known delays and cancellations. We strive to provide our customers with options should travel plans be disrupted.
How will I be informed of flight delays and cancellations?
Air Canada offers several information sources to receive the most up-to-date information regarding your scheduled flight. Below are a few ways to check on the status of your flight:
- Use our online Flight Status tool;
- You can also get the latest flight status information by calling the Air Canada automated Flight Information System at 1-888-422-7533 (Canada or U.S.). From all other countries.
- Check our Daily travel outlook page for the latest updates;
- If you're already at the airport, check the airport display screens, listen for announcements on the airport's public address system, or ask one of our airport agents for information.
- In the event of severe irregular operations, we will post travel alerts for affected cities or areas on our homepage, or on our Daily travel outlook page. Find out what you can do if a travel alert disrupts your travel plans.
Air Canada will contact you regarding flight disruptions within 48 hours of departure. For more information on our notification services please visit our Mobile Services page. Here are the different options we offer to ensure you are notified:
Irregular Operation Notification
Any confirmed passenger booking that contains a mobile phone number will now automatically be sent a text (SMS) message advising of a delay or cancellation. It also provides new flight details when re-booked by Air Canada in order to inform the passenger as soon as possible.
Register for our Flight Notification service to receive notifications if the departure or arrival time of your Air Canada, Air Canada rouge or Air Canada Express flight has been delayed or changed. Notifications can be sent directly to your text-messaging-enabled phone or your e-mail address. Notifications are issued only if there is a delay of 15 minutes or more, and are sent in the following manner:
- 24 hours prior to departure,
- 4 hours prior to departure, and then
- periodically for changes occurring within 4 hours of departure