eUpgrade Terms and Conditions
- eUpgrade requests are valid on eligible Air Canada and Air Canada Express (operated by Jazz only) flights which offer an Executive cabin, when a ticket is issued in an eligible booking class.
- eUpgrade Credits are calculated based on one way travel from origin to destination on a single reservation, including connections. Itineraries booked on different reservations will require that separate upgrade requests be made.
- Upgrades are subject to space availability for the number of upgrades permitted per flight.
- eUpgrade Credits are removed from the member's account as soon as the upgrade is requested. However, if the flight is not upgraded, the credits are returned to the member's account. For itineraries with connections where only certain flights received confirmed upgrades, members may be entitled to a refund. In those cases, a portion of the credits related to the non-upgraded segments will be returned to the member's account.
- Upgrades may not be used in conjunction with reward travel tickets, promotional pass travel, or travel industry discount fares, unless otherwise indicated.
- eUpgrade Credits are non-transferable.
Although you will be seated in the Executive cabin when your upgrade is confirmed, your booking will remain subject to the fare rules and restrictions of the booking class you originally purchased. These rules include, but are not limited to, mileage accumulation, change and cancellation fees, access to airport lounges and baggage allowance.
Please note, there is a minimum processing delay of 3 days. In the event that a discrepancy occurs with your eUpgrade account, please allow at least 96 hours from your flight departure time before contacting Air Canada. We are unable to process requests made within this timeframe.
Cancelling upgrade requests
- Waitlisted upgrade requests may be cancelled at any time prior to flight departure.
- Confirmed upgrades cannot be cancelled online. For assistance with a confirmed upgrade, please contact Air Canada Reservations or see an Air Canada airport agent. If you choose to cancel your upgrade and your originally purchased Economy booking class is no longer available, you may need to pay an applicable fare difference.
- In the event that courtesy upgrades are given at time of departure due to irregular operations, customers with a previously requested upgrade will not be eligible for eUpgrade Credit refunds.
- Customers traveling on a Latitude Flight Pass may cancel their confirmed eUpgrade, subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Flight Pass.
Special needs and services
Customers whose travel includes provisions for certain special needs or services may not have access to some Executive cabins, and are therefore asked to contact Air Canada Reservations for information regarding possible upgrades.Special needs or services with Executive cabin restrictions include but are not limited to:
- Travel with an attendant: Passengers who are not self-reliant and are severely physically disabled (paraplegic or quadriplegic) so as to require an attendant to assist in getting in an out of a seat usually cannot be accommodated in the Executive First Suite. Exceptionally, on a case-by-case basis, authorization can be obtained from the Air Canada Medical Assistance Desk if, on fact-based evidence, it determines that the attendant accompanying the non self-reliant passenger is physically capable of taking full responsibility for transferring the passenger in and out of the Suite.
- Extra seating: It may not always be possible to accommodate passengers who require extra seating because they are disabled by obesity or because they must accommodate another disability in the Executive cabin.
- Travel with an infant or child: Child restraint devices are not permitted in the Executive First Suite at any time.
- Travel with a pet: Pets are not permitted in the Executive First Suite because of cabin configuration.
Please note that passengers travelling with a service animal such as a seeing-eye dog, may be seated in an Executive First Suite provided the animal travels under the Suite's footstool and/or seat at all times.
- Travel with a Medipak: Passengers with respiratory conditions who requiring a Medipak must be seated in the last row of the Executive cabin. If such seating is not available, please see an Air Canada airport agent upon
- Allergies: It may not always be possible to accommodate passengers with severe allergies in the Executive cabin. For example, if you are severely allergic to cats and there is already a passenger traveling with a cat seated in Executive Class, or if you yourself are traveling with a cat as part of your carry-on baggage and there is already a passenger seated in Executive Class who is severely allergic to cats, you may be refused your upgrade.
eUpgrade Credits required
Air Canada reserves the right to increase or decrease the number of eUpgrade Credits required for an upgrade, but will endeavour not to penalize customers in such circumstances, subject to certain system limitations.
Upgrade requests for flights departing from certain airports must be completed at least 12 hours prior to departure using this online tool or by contacting Air Canada Reservations. They cannot be made at the airport or via Web Check-in.
For airport standby upgrade requests on flights within North America, we will do our utmost, but cannot guarantee to provide you with Executive Class meal service (where available).
- eUpgrade Credits are not redeemable for cash or other consideration and may not be bartered or sold.
- Air Canada will consider void any eUpgrade Credits that have been bartered or sold. Air Canada reserves the right to terminate the Air Canada Altitude privileges of members who sell or barter their eUpgrade Credits.
- eUpgrade Credits are the property of Air Canada.
- Air Canada reserves the right to, without notice, (a) modify the terms and conditions related to eUpgrade Credit usage, (b) add, modify, or delete eligible booking classes, and (c) cancel any upgrade request made in violation of the terms and conditions listed here.