While it's true that AC Cargo takes great care in shipping all items entrusted with us, some items such as dangerous goods need more care than others. It is through our extensive experience handling these types of items over the years that makes us the premier choice to safely transport your specialized cargo.
This solution is designed for the safe transportation of dangerous goods including anything from flammable materials, explosives and corrosives to machinery with internal combustion engines.
Defining dangerous goods:Dangerous goods are articles or substances which are capable of posing significant risk to health, safety, or property when transported by air. The International Air Transport Association (IATA) categorizes dangerous goods into nine classes:
- Class 1 - Explosives
- Class 2 - Gas
- Class 3 - Flammable liquids
- Class 4 - Flammable solids
- Class 5 - Oxidizing substances and organic peroxides
- Class 6 - Poisonous (toxic) and infectious substances
- Class 7 - Radioactive materials
- Class 8 - Corrosives
- Class 9 - Miscellaneous articles and substances
- dry ice
- environmentally hazardous substances
- life-saving devices
- machines incorporating internal combustion engines
- magnetized material
- polymeric beads
- self-propelled vehicles
- zinc dithionite
- any liquid or solid which has anaesthetic, noxious or other similar properties which could cause extreme annoyance or discomfort to passengers and/or flight crew members
It is the shipper's responsibility to ensure that articles or substances are not prohibited for transport by air and that article or substances are properly identified, classified, packaged, marked, labeled and documented in accordance with IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations, as well as all government regulations of the country of origin, transit and destination.Before packing dangerous goods for transport by air, the shipper must abide by the following:
- All dangerous objects and substances within a consignment must be fully and correctly identified.
- Each dangerous good must be classified under one of the nine pre-determined classes and where relevant, any subsidiary hazards must also be identified.
- The dangerous goods must be assigned to one of the three packing groups within their class.
When you choose AC DGR, here's what you can expect:
- Designated storage areas;
- Dedicated acceptance staff;
- Compliance with IATA regulations;
- Efficient transport and handling processes;
- Specific tender and retrieval times and
- Shipment tracking.
Service levels:Both Priority1* and Standard* Service levels are offered for our AC DGR Solution:
Our reliable and cost-effective option for shipping cargo throughout our network and beyond.
Suitable for shipments that are not of an urgent nature and do not require any form of special handling.
Contact your local Air Canada Cargo office for details.
* Some restrictions apply.
Questions and concerns:
Contact one of our DGR specialists if you have any specific questions or concerns regarding the carriage of dangerous goods.
Points to remember!
- All shipments must have a confirmed booking and be ready for carriage prior to acceptance.
- To make a booking, or for pricing information, please contact your local Air Canada Cargo office.
- Due to some aircraft types, weight, weather and regulatory restrictions, we may not be able to transport your shipment to all the destinations we serve. Contact your local Air Canada Cargo office for details.